Home Renovations: Part 2

Monday 27 April 2015

Hello guys! Sorry I haven't been updating much. Ever since we got back from our holiday, we have been busy with the new place. We brought most of the small, loose items over whenever we popped by and sigh, it's looking so cozy nowww. And it smells so wonderful because I brought home this "White Powder" diffuser from Seoul and I love it so much!! My favourite scents are the light, musky and powdery kind (strong ones give me a headache) so you can imagine how thrilled I was to have chanced upon it. I believe once we are settled down, the place will exude more warmth and will feel more "complete".

Anyway, it seems like we are set to move in this weekend!
*pops champagne*
*throws confetti*

Thing is, I am not done packing hahaha.

The household shelter of shoeboxes you previously saw on my Dayre post? Yup, my mum and I cleared/tidied it, threw away almost 100 shoeboxes and now, I am bringing around 50 pairs of shoes over to the new place with me hehe.

I will spare you the mess that is my bedroom and living room because my belongings are littered all over the house...and show you work-in-progress pictures from where I previously stopped (you can read Part 1 here)!


Cement screed for the kitchen was completed and ready for Nippon Paint to give the walls a fresh coat of paint!


We added a partition and kinda "extended" the wall for a full height shoe cabinet just outside the walk-in wardrobe as there isn't any where else we can fit it since our entrance way is a little narrow.


Of course, we are using Nippon Paint for the walls in the house! It is the first brand that comes to mind whenever we require paint and I love the fact that we experienced almost no paint odour during and after painting. It's the ideal interior wall paint for people sensitive or allergic to paint odour, and suitable for most homes!

I have never thought much about paint before this because I just assumed we would paint all the walls white (haha). But after a chit-chat session with the professionals from Nippon Paint and my interior designer, we decided to play around with colours a little. And that was when I realised I don't have to limit myself to having 4 walls in one room painted the same shade and even if the walls are not in white, my theme will still remain.


For the guest room, we used 5037 (Ash Grey). I love the "barely there" hue, giving the room a clean and sophisticated ambience.


We opted for the walk-in wardrobe to come without the backing so this shade of grey in 1112 (Smoky) matches the grey shelves perfectly!


As for our bedroom, we decided to be a little adventurous and chose the Momento Special Effects paint. This grey is only the base coat. I'll keep you in suspense for a little longer and will show you the completed work after we have moved in and dressed the wall! ;)

As for the white walls/ceilings in the house, we chose 1199 (Sail White). It is not stark white, comes with a hint of cream so it looks more warm and homely.


Our delivery for the lightings we bought off Taobao! Yes, Taobao. For the entire house. Track lights and tracks, standing lamp, everything. And the total amount + shipping was only $1100-$1200. We saw similar designs in Balestier that would've cost us at least $400 for one. So I am quite proud we managed to save quite a bit and they all work fine! Please don't ask me which sellers I bought from as it was also my first time purchasing from each of them so I believe you can just buy from any one of them. A little tip - you won't be able to buy the lights from Taobao direct so do engage a freight forwarder!


Our almost completed kitchen! I lurvvvveee the quartz top! *heart-eye emoji* If you are interested, the grey is in 5037 (Ash Grey), same shade used in our guest room.

And this is the completed shoe cabinet!

That's all I have for today. I will come back with pictures of the clean, empty house soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment