#throwback to Perth + Fashmob outfits

Friday 24 October 2014

Okay, after 2 months since my first entry on Perth, I suddenly feel like I've to get Day 2 out in public haha.

As mentioned, we rest and wake early every day we were in Perth and we ate breakfast daily! Portions are huge (which are totally up H's alley because he is rarely full after eating a portion in SG *roll eyes*) and average price of each main dish is approximately 18AUD.

Because it has been 3 months since we were there and I don't have an extremely good memory... I've forgotten what's the name of this cafe we went to for breakfast lol!




OH YES, H tagged the cafe on his Instagram! So this was at The Tuckshop! Highly recommended on Urbanspoon hence we drove ourselves there :) H enjoyed his Moroccan Meatballs with hummus topped with a fried egg. In his words, they were "Damn good". I did like my smoked salmon but I guess I'd very much prefer hot food 'cause I'm a typical Asian hahaha.

It was gonna be a long day and first, we drove down to Cottesloe Beach! The weather was perfect for driving with windows down but gosh, the sun was burning.

















We loved it there so much!! It was void of sunbathers at the beach since it was still winter after all but there was quite a number of surfers out in the sea and we spent a large chunk of time watching them. We saw a couple of them changing into their wetsuits by their car parked by the road, did some stretching exercise on the beach and off they swam into the ocean with their surfboards to join the pack of surfers already practising in the waters.

It was all very new and extremely interesting to me because I cannot even balance on a paddle board on still water hahaha.

We reluctantly left Cottesloe Beach after an hour for Caversham Wildlife Park to say hi to my friends, koalas and kangaroos.



Erm, very coarse fur there.



These koalas sleep 18 hours a day (!!) and we were told they only wake up when they smell food at feeding time. So we were advised to go back again just before feeding time to catch these animals awake but ahh, no hugging/carrying for visitors; that's only limited to their keepers. >:( 








We headed for the farm show after that and I found it rather enriching! We are city dwellers after all ya... We were introduced to the shepherd's dogs, sheep shearing, the horses, got to milk a cow, learnt what's lanolin and a ton of other knowledge!



Of course we couldn't leave without popping by the kangaroos residence which occupies a huge stretch in the wildlife park! Initially I was a little afraid of them because they seem to be hopping towards me, this intruder, at an amazing speed and I thought they will punch/kick me or something!

As soon as I got some food in my hand (provided in the park), I chose the friendliest and most harmless looking roos, stooped down, stretched out my hand and I waited for them to trust me and head towards me apprehensively... Hahaha. It was actually quite fun till I got a little addicted and I couldn't stop feeding them!

We left the wildlife park near closing time and headed to Ciao Italia for dinner! Online reviews warned about the long queue time so we decided to head there early. At 6pm, there was already a crowd outside and our expectations were pretty high 'cause it must be good right?? Thankfully wait time was short for a table of 2!




We had the recommended chilli mussels, carbonara spaghetti and italian sausage penne (smaller size which was still crazy huge). Chilli mussels were small (not in season maybe?) and not spicy but it was the best dish of the night. The pastas were nothing to rave about and I strongly advise 2 to one pasta else there will be a lot of food wastage.

Overall, I think this restaurant is overrated. Yes, it's run by Italians but the diners are mostly Asians... We stepped out of the restaurant with questions marks in our heads because we cannot understand why this is one of the top restaurants in Perth (sorry guys!).


Before I end this entry, I want to show you my new full-length outfits I recently got from FashMob!




What attracted me to the Bondi Lace Maxi Dress is the lace detailing at the hem. I always find myself turning to black lace because it never goes out of style, it is always classy, always elegant and black is a colour I wear again and again.





Next up is an upcoming pantsuit with beautiful bust embroidery detailing. I actually love wearing pants/jeans but it's not easy to find pants with smaller thigh/calf cutting in the market so thank god for FashMob. I love pockets, I love blue on white, I love the cutting and the non-slip silicon trimming at bust to prevent slipping.

Definitely loving the monochrome series that FashMob designed, and I'm sure you'll be as pleased as I am if you see what they have to offer on http://shopfashmob.com ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment